Birth Center Packages
We have partnered with A Family Affair Birth Center. Learn more about our wonderful new birth center and all it has to offer.
Learn About A Family Affair Birth Center
- Birth Center Package
- Personalized Prenatal Visits
- Each of your private prenatal appointments with your midwife averages 45min per visit.
- We follow the traditional prenatal schedule of visits which is monthly until 28 weeks, bimonthly till 36 weeks, and then weekly until the birth.
- Birth Team Meeting
- An hour long Birth Team Meeting in your 36th week will be scheduled at the birth center.
- We would like to have anyone you plan to have at your birth join you for this visit.
- Labor, birth, and immediate postpartum nursing care for mom and baby
- Two SDCM midwives attend your labor and birth.
- One or two students will also be present during birth and immediately postpartum.
- Postpartum Visits
- Day 1 and Day 7 postpartum in your home
- Postpartum visit at 2 and 5 or 6 weeks (At the Office)
- Well Baby Care:
- We assess your baby’s vitals and weight gain during our postpartum visits.
- These visits do not replace your regular pediatric visits.
- We will assist you with general lactation support at the postpartum visits. If additional lactation support is necessary, we are happy to provide you with a list of qualified IBCLCs.
- Every Tuesday we offer a free Breastfeeding Support Group. This is open to all mothers in San Diego County.
- Add Ons:
- Home Postpartum Visits:
- Postpartum visits at 2, 4, 6, and 8 weeks (At Your Home)
- Doula Package
- Doula matching services
- We assist you in selecting just the right doula for you. Your doula will provide emotional and physical support for you and your family during labor and birth.
- Contact Us
Our fees don’t include some medications or any referred services such as ultrasounds, laboratory tests, physician consultation visits, lactation consultants, hospital services, childbirth classes, etc.
Please note: we are NOT Pediatricians. We encourage all our families to have their newborns assessed by their own Pediatrician or Doctor of your preference within the first 7 days of life. We will refer you to a pediatric provider with any concerns.
Contact us for more information
© 2020 San Diego County Midwives
San Diego County Midwives have either authored or reviewed and approved the content on this website.
Disclaimer of Medical Advice: All users of this website are responsible for their own medical care, treatment, and oversight. All of the content provided on the website is for informational purposes only and does not constitute the providing of medical advice. It is not intended to be a substitute for independent professional medical judgment, advice, diagnosis, or treatment.