We highly recommend that you attend and participate in the birthing classes of your choice, especially if this will be your first home birth.
Our midwives will work with you to determine the best childbirth class for you based on your time and personal preferences.
Regardless of the which class you choose, you can expect to
- Learn about pregnancy and birth with an emphasis on out-of-hospital birthing.
- Learn about your pregnancy and birth options and how evidence-based obstetrical studies support your choices.
- Be fully informed about the risks and benefits of common procedures in pregnancy and birth.
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of birth-related problems and learn what you can do to improve outcomes.
- Receive a comprehensive guide to out-of-hospital birthing with informed, experienced childbirth educators, doulas and midwives available to answer your questions.
Consult Your Midwife
© 2020 San Diego County Midwives
San Diego County Midwives have either authored or reviewed and approved the content on this website.
Disclaimer of Medical Advice: All users of this website are responsible for their own medical care, treatment, and oversight. All of the content provided on the website is for informational purposes only and does not constitute the providing of medical advice. It is not intended to be a substitute for independent professional medical judgment, advice, diagnosis, or treatment.